Our Store FAQ's
More than you wanted to know,
but everything you need to know about our store
Where do you make your vegan leather products?
It is important for us to create products that do not use leather. We are trying to do our part to help people live a more compassionate lifestyle. We do not like hurting animals and we care about the environment. Our vegan leather products are designed by us in the United States and are then produced by small factories that we have built strong relationships with over many years. We expect the highest level of excellence from the people we collaborate with and they are required to meet our very high expectations, and get audited regularly by a third-party verifiers. We make sure the factories we work qualify for the SA8000 standard certification.
We source all of our products and know exactly where they come from. Most of our products are designed by us, manufactured and shipped to our fulfillment centers around the world who ship our products to the customer.
We have personally visited both manufacturer and fulfillment centers so we know exactly what is in the products we sell and that all of the processes are ethical and sustainable.
If we were to make our products domestically, we have found the end result would be far too expensive. And, at the end of the day, we are committed to ensuring that our products aren’t prohibitively expensive to you. We want to hit a level of accessibility that everyone can afford.
I’ve heard China doesn’t have ethical animal abuse laws. Why do you work with them?
There are a couple of answers to this question. Let’s break it down.
#1. People are generally uneducated about the changes that are taking place in China surrounding animal laws and changing culture. Most people have outdated options based on things they read on the internet or have been lead to believe over the years. Times are changing. There are over 50 million people in China who are vegetarians. Last year, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong landed spots on PETA’s list of the Top 10 Vegan-Friendly Cities in Asia. More than 18% of the total national population in China are Buddhists. We understand people have deep rooted beliefs about this, we are not trying to change your minds we are simply educating you to the actual facts, whether you chose to open your mind or not. It is a personal choice, and we respect all opinions.
#2. We expect the highest level of excellence from the people we collaborate with and they are required to meet our very high expectations, and they get audited regularly by third-party verifiers. We also make sure the facilities we work qualify for the SA8000 standard certification.
We have visited the facilities of the people we work with and know exactly who they are and how they operate. We do not judge people based on the sins of their country. Not everyone in China participates in animal abuse, in fact they have very strict laws and regulations surrounding animal abuse now and they are getting better every day.
What is Vegan Leather?
In the simplest of terms, it’s faux leather. The term “vegan leather” has been used for decades in the fashion world, we didn’t make it up.
There are different types of vegan leathers used in production, PU (polyurethane) and PVC (polyvinylchloride). PU is less harmful for the environment than PVC. Our products are made with PU, but we take it one step further and use a PU that is made from 100% recycled materials. We also use vegetable-based oil coatings and plant based composite materials that break down easier, are non-toxic and are better for the environment. We use the highest quality materials we can find on the market currently. As technology changes and advances, so will our material usage.
Some people think because the bags have PU, they are plastic. They are not plastic, they don't feel like plastic, and they certainly don't look like plastic. The PU material is only one component in the material.
Our high quality PU material will decompose over time, whereas PVC is more environmentally persistent.
- PU is more safely incinerable, whereas vinyl can release hydrochloric acid and other toxic compounds when burned.
- PU’s typically contain a significantly lower level of VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) than PVC, resulting in improved indoor air quality.
- Phthalate Free
- BPA (Bisphenol A) Free
- Lead & Heavy Metal Free
- Energy Efficient Production
- Water Efficient Production
- 99% of all Water and Raw Materials used in production is reclaimed and recycled
Why would a vegan want to buy something called vegan “leather”?
The answer is quite simple once you understand why people make the decision to remove animal products from their lives in the first place. Vegans don’t stop eating meat because they didn’t enjoy the taste. Who doesn’t enjoy the taste of a juicy steak, or a few slices of bacon? Vegans chose to stop consuming and using animals on an ethical basis. Vegans believe it is morally wrong to kill and use animals when it’s completely unnecessary to do so.
So, it’s not like they don’t like leather, the feel of leather, or the way it looks. It doesn’t mean they don’t like fashion. It’s that they don’t like participating in the senseless killing of animals. They can enjoy vegan leather while being morally consistent and enjoying fashion just like everyone else, sans animal products.
This is the long version but we get so many questions we wanted to address them all in one place. We have provided this information for you to make the best decision possible on your purchase. We hope you can see our vision for a better world and hope you will support us in changing the world one bag at a time!
Because we ship directly from our partners your items may take 2-4 weeks to arrive. Please do not panic if it does not show up immediately, it's on its way :)
- How much is shipping?
- We offer Global Worldwide shipping for $3.90.
- How long does it take for an order to arrive?
- This depends on the product ordered. Most items will arrive in about 2-4 weeks. If you're still not sure, just email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help.
- Can I have a tracking number?
- Tracking details will be supplied once the orders have been shipped. Please allow at least 48 hours after we supply the tracking details for them to register on the system.
- I ordered 2+ items, but only received one... where's my order?
- We have a large assortment of products not stocked in house, when you order multiple items at a time, they may be shipped separately so they get to you faster. You may receive one item before the next. So don't panic if you don't receive all of your items at once…they are on the way :)
- Why have I not received any order confirmation details?
Most times this is because our customers have accidentally entered their email in wrong. Throughout the process we send 3-4 emails, including an order confirmation, a fulfillment notice, and a shipping notice. If you believe you may have entered your email wrong please contact us and we will fix it for you.
- What is your refund policy?
- All orders can be canceled if the item has not shipped. That means if the order has been shipped, it can no longer be canceled.
- If you no longer want your order after 14 days, you you will get a full refund or exchange excluding any shipping costs, once the item is returned. Sales or markdown items are not eligible for return, but may be exchanged.
- We strive for a 100% satisfaction shopping experience, if there are any issues at all please get in touch with us and we will endeavor to resolve any problems or queries that may arise.
- Please read our full Return Policy here.
- How do I contact you?
- If you have any questions that are not on this FAQ page, please email us at email@example.com where we will promptly get back to you!